Arkansas Rice Reps
Mission: To empower a new generation with lifelong knowledge while developing a genuine commitment to agriculture, community service, and leadership.
Objective: To educate young people across the state of Arkansas with the tools and knowledge to represent Arkansas Rice. This includes the benefits, importance, and economic impact our state’s number one crop provides its natives and millions around the world.
RICE GIVES BACK
From May through September, Reps actively participate in a program designed to teach them about rice farming and the importance of this crop around the world through education and volunteerism. They are also invited to attend four different, on-site experiences during the program, to better understand the reach of rice in Arkansas.
Win up to $16,000 in scholarship money for simply telling the story of Arkansas Agriculture!
During the program, Reps will not only teach and share what they have learned, but also seek other opportunities to learn and expand their knowledge.
Reps are eligible for ten scholarships:
• Social Media contests (3)
• Rice Video
• Rice Recipe
• Volunteer/Leadership Awards (2)
• Grand Rice Rep
• 2nd Place Rice Rep
• 3rd Place Rice Rep
Our scholarship winners will be awarded and recognized at the conclusion of the program.
• All genders may apply
• Current Junior or rising Senior in high school
• Any county in Arkansas may participate
• Ag background not required
• Post on social media 2 times/month using #RiceReps23
Materials will be provided for optional reference
• Participate in a minimum of 2 on-site experiences
offered by Arkansas Rice
Rice Rep Terms & Conditions
Your entry must be accompanied by a completed and signed application form. Entries will not be returned.
1) Arkansas Rice is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected entries. 2) All entries become the property of Arkansas Rice, including all promotional and advertising rights; none will be returned. 3) Arkansas Rice reserves the right to utilize all entries in any form of promotion it deems appropriate. 4) Entries will be judged by members of Arkansas Rice whose decisions are final. While the program rubric serves as a guide, Arkansas Rice may exercise its sole and absolute discretion in selecting scholarship recipients. 5) Substitutions or transfer of prizes is not permitted. Contest is void where prohibited by law or company policy. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. 6) By entering, winners agree that the prizes are awarded upon the condition that Arkansas Rice and its members, have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. 7) Proof of college enrollment must be verified before funds will be administered to scholarship recipient, or the college of his/her choice. The scholarship(s) will be deemed voided if recipient(s) fail to enroll in an accredited college or university within 12 months.
Please note: High school seniors in Arkansas who have not previously won a Arkansas Rice Rep Scholarship are eligible to apply with the following exclusions: children of board members of the Arkansas Rice Federation, Arkansas Rice Council, Arkansas Rice Farmers, Arkansas Rice Millers' Association, and, Arkansas Rice Merchants' Association; and/or children of Arkansas Rice Federation committee members or Arkansas Rice Federation employees. Proof of college enrollment must be verified before funds will be administered to scholarship recipient, or the college of his/her choice. The scholarship(s) will be deemed voided if recipient(s) fail to enroll in an accredited college or university within 12 months.